Start Backdating child

Backdating child

Tax credit awards are estimates, so once they are finalised after the end of the tax year (5 April) you may owe the Tax Credit Office money or they may owe you some.

You can also qualify if you have children aged 16 to 19 studying in sixth form or further education college.

You need to fill out a claim form (CH2) and send it to the Child Benefit Office along with your child’s original birth certificate (which you’ll get back).

If you don’t have the certificate you can send in the form anyway and forward in the certificate as soon as you have it.

Claiming Child Benefit will help you protect your State Pension.